Helen Patterson has worked in HR for over 10 years, working at a senior level in companies including Gregg’s PLC, Debenham’s and the global American corporation; Diebold. Helen has also worked for the education sector at a special needs school; Holly Bank Trust in West Yorkshire.
She has specialised in a number of areas including employee relations and recruitment and development but has mainly worked as a generalist. Helen now offers an individual HR service to small to medium sized businesses who require support with all aspects of HR whether this be telephone advice or larger projects such as producing an employee handbook.
Why is there a need for HR Services:
- Employing people today brings an ever-increasing burden of statutory UK & EU regulations
- Increasing exposure to the worst case scenarios of Employment Tribunals and Health & Safety criminal prosecutions
- Unlimited fines & custodial sentences
- Increasing legal and administrative burden
- Most companies, particularly “Small Business Operators” cannot afford or justify an additional member of staff to ensure that the business attains HR compliance
- The majority of employers in the UK simply haven't the time or resources to keep abreast of legislative changes.
90% of Employment Tribunals occur through Employer’s procedural errors.
HR Consultant Bushey Herts Watford London St Albans Rickmansworth Hemel Hempstead